Chicken and dumplings is a hearty meal that is sure to be a hit for your whole family. It’s super simple to make and tastes amazing! Great on a cold winter day to warm you up! Always a favorite and the kids will love it too!
A lot of people remember this recipe from when they were kids. This is such an easy alternative you make quickly! Great for a weekday meal. Can also be made in the crockpot once your chicken is cooked. Either way it tastes amazing!
* 1 chicken
* 2-3 cans of Pillsbury Biscuits the small biscuits not the larger ones like Grands
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 Cup flour
1. Remove the giblets from the Chicken and discard, Wash the Chicken
2. Salt and Pepper Chicken
3. Put Chicken in a pot and cover with water, boil until chicken is done (about 45 minutes)
4. When Chicken is done, take out and let cool
5. SAVE ALL THE BROTH FROM THE CHICKEN
6. While Chicken is cooling , open the biscuits and flatten each one ( I just smash them with my hands)
7. Dip or dredge biscuits in flour, then cut each one in 4 pieces ( I use my kitchen Shears)
8. Add the Cream of Chicken Soup to the Broth, Then drop the Biscuits in and let cook while you are Pulling the meat off of the Chicken.
9. Add Chicken, Salt and Pepper to Taste.
Get Your E-book Now