This Chicken Pasta Casserole is the perfect weekend dinner, which is simple and freezable. It’s good, filled with nutritious vegetables, and topped off with a layer of crunchy, crispy breadcrumb. I like serving this to my children because I can guarantee that they will eat the vegetable alongside chicken and pasta. Try this recipe for Chicken and Pasta Casserole with Mixed Vegetables, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup dry fusilli pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- (6) eaches chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- (1) pinch salt and pepper to taste
- (1) pinch garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condense cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condense cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Let a large pot of lightly salted water boil. Put fusilli pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente, and drain.
- Add and heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then place chicken in the skillet and season with minced onion, salt and pepper, garlic powder, basil, and parsley. Cook until chicken juices run clear. Add and mix in the cooked pasta, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and mixed vegetables. Transfer it to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add and mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Spread evenly over the casserole.
- Bake it 30 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned in the preheated oven.
I had a loaf of 2 or 3-day old beer bread in my pantry, which is perfect for the bread crumbs in this recipe because it is crumbly anyway, and its sweet flavor is even better when it is buttery and crispy.
Per Serving: 394.9 calories; fat 19.8g 31% DV; cholesterol 47mg 16% DV; sodium 926mg 37% DV; protein 19.8g 40% DV; carbohydrates 35.4g 11% DV.