This savory casserole is one of my husband’s favorites. He loves the fluffy dumplings with plenty of gravy poured over them. The basil adds just the right touch of … This Chicken and Dumplings Casserole is one of the best things I … Stacey shares generational recipes as well as some of his newer favorites. Chicken and Dumpling Casserole … Drop dumpling dough by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. … I also use Bisquick instead of the buscuit recipe, saves time!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups cooked & shredded chicken (you can buy a rotisserie chicken, use leftover chicken, or cook a couple big chicken breasts and shred them)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- -Preheat oven to 400.
- -Spray 9x13in baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- -Spread the chicken in an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
- -Whisk together flour, milk, salt, & baking powder. Pour over the chicken. This is the “dumpling layer” 🙂
- -Stir together the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and pour over the dumpling layer.
- -Bake 35-40 minutes or until top starts to turn golden brown.
- **Side note: Do not mix the layers together, that will defeat the purpose of them being LAYERS. Duh 😉