Chicken fried bacon consists of bacon strips dredged in batter and deep-fried, like chicken fried steak. It is an American dish that was introduced in Texas in the
- 15 strips of thick cut bacon.
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- 2 tsps of baking powder.
- 1 cup of buttermilk.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- 1 ½ tbsps of chili powder.
- 1 tsp of paprika.
- Salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add in eggs and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat some vegetable oil in a pan or a deep fryer at 350°, dip each strip of bacon into the mixture you made and fry it for 10 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Continue with the rest of the strips and voila!
- Easy, peasy and crispy! My family loves fried food, I know it’s not that healthy, but I try my best to control the situation!