We’ve really been into making rice casseroles lately. I was wanting something different last week and decided to try my hand at a Chicken Pot Pie Rice Bake. It turned out great! I loved that the casserole was a meal in one pan – chicken, veggies and rice. No need for extra side dishes. Just pop the casserole in the oven and dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. We served this with some buttermilk biscuits. I used instant white rice in this casserole. You can substitute for instant brown rice. Make sure to follow the directions on the box. Brown rice has different cook times. You can also eliminate the instant rice and water in this recipe and use 4 cups of cooked rice.
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can (10.75oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a glass 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 to 7 minutes, until water has been absorbed.
- In a large bowl stir together chicken, soup, sour cream, cheese, frozen vegetables, 1/4 cup milk, and cooked rice.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared pan.