This chipotle seasoned walnut quinoa vegan taco meat recipe is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taco salads, or quesadillas! It will definitely be a new family favorite! Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (You can freeze what’s left in the can!)
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt to taste
- Put walnuts, chipotle peppers, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt into a food processor.
- Blend on low until walnuts are broken down into small pieces. Make sure not to over pulse, you don’t want it to be completely ground into a powder.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the cooked quinoa. Stir to combine and the walnut mixture is evenly distributed throughout.
- Pour the quinoa walnut taco meat onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 min, turn halfway through to prevent the edges from getting too dark.
- Put 2-3 spoonfuls of taco meat on tortillas with butter lettuce, rainbow salsa, and guac.