A super moist, flavorful & soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread. Super easy to prepare – you’ll love this new quick bread recipe.
1 c semisweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips 60 % cocoa
1/2 c softened butter
2/3 c packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter,chunky or smooth
4 Tbsp powdered sugar
PEANUT BUTTER ICING,OR CHOCOLATE ICING
1 c peanut butter chips,or chocolate chips
3 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp butter
1. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees In a large bowl Beats butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or in the double boiler. Cool slightly. Mix chocolate in to egg mixture a little at a time,until incorporated. Add the apple sauce and vanilla. Combine well.
3. Measure the flour,baking soda,baking powder,salt in to another bowl and combine together.
4. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Blend well until all incorporated. Mix in one cup of chocolate chips.
5. Pour 1/2 bread mixture in to loaf pan. melt the Peanut butter slightly in microwave.mix with 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar. Use half. Place tablespoons full scattered on top of batter in pan. Take a knife and lightly swirl into batter. Top with the rest of the batter. Swirl the rest of the peanut butter in to loaf. Do not over swirl,or you won’t have the marbled effect
6. place in oven and bake at 350 degree’s for about 60-75 minutes,or until pick comes out clean If top starts to brown to quickly. Place foil loosely over top of loaf. remove from oven cool slight,and turn on to rack to cool.
7. Make icing and drizzle over top of loaf. Mix all ingredients together. Microwave 30 seconds at a time mixing in between until smooth. Spoon over loaf. Wait for it to set and serve.