Impossible Chocolate Flan Cake is easy to make and sure to wow the crowd. A luscious combination of caramel, chocolate cake and (leche) flan, it’s the ultimate baked treat!
Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 24 Hr Serves: 6-8
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can(s) coca-cola
12 oz can evaporated mik
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 bottle (23.3 oz) cajeta or any caramel topping/sauce
1. Make devil’s food cake mix according to directions on box, substituting Coke for the water. Put aside.
2. Combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs,and vanilla; mix with mixer or in a blender for 2-3 min. Set aside.
3. Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 bottle of Cajeta into bottom of Bundt pan, then pour cake batter in on top of caramel. (You will pour the flan mixture down the side of the Bundt pan and chocolate cake mixture. Flan mixture will go down the side and below the chocolate cake.)
4. Get a pan that the Bundt pan will fit in. Fill pan with water, then set Bundt pan in water and place in oven. Cook at 400 degrees for about 1 hour. Start checking at 45 min. Use toothpick in the center of the cake to check if done. (Cake will also separate from sides of pan when done.)
5. You must cool this cake in the refrigerator at least 4-5 hours so that the flan sets up. (I make mine the day before serving and put it in the fridge overnight.) When cooled, put large plate or serving tray on top of Bundt pan and flip over. This cake is very messy because the caramel drips down when you turn it. Remove from refrigerator at least 2 hours prior to serving.