These Buckeye Brownies are easy chocolate and peanut butter brownie recipe based on the popular midwest candy called Buckeye Balls …
- store-bought fudge brownie box mix or use this recipe
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Line a square or rectangular baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides, and prepare brownies according to (packaging) directions.
- Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter and salt on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy. 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and alternate adding in powdered sugar and milk, beginning and ending with powdered sugar.
- Mix in vanilla extract and beat until you’ve reached desired consistency. Note: add a splash more milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Evenly spread peanut butter mixture over the cooled brownies and set aside.
- Place peanut butter, chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwaveable bowl and microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour melted peanut butter chocolate over the brownies and let set. Then cut into squares.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature (or place in an air-tight container and store in refrigerator) and enjoy!