This Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake recipe is made with layers of moist chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting & chopped Reese’s…
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- 2 call purpose flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cold water
CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE.
- 1 whip cream
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour one 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl, sift the flour 3 times, measure again to make sure that you have exactly 2 cups of flour. (Flour may expand when sifted.)
- Sift again with cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a different bowl, using an electric mixer on high beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, and blend in peanut butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, 1/3 at a time, Alternating with the water and beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Place the pan into the freezer for 20 minutes, after it has cooled for 10 minutes outside.
- Remove cake from freezer and place cake on a rack.
- While the cake is in the freezer: In a saucepan, heat the whipped cream and peanut butter until it starts to boil; remove from heat and add chips.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the glaze evenly over the cake. Let glaze dry for 15-20 minutes.
- In a piping bag, put peanut butter cream. Decorate cake however you wish.