These homemade chocolate truffles are extra creamy with the addition of butter. After mixing the 4 ingredients together, let the mixture set in the refrigerator, then roll into balls. Follow this homemade truffles recipe and the helpful video tutorial below!
Prep time: 1 Hr 15 Min Serves: five dozen
1 pkg cream cheese, room temperature, 8 oz.
3 c powdered sugar
12 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
ground walnuts, unsweetened cocoa, angel flaked coconut
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Gradually add sugar until well blended.
3. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
4. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
5. Shape into 1-inch balls and roll into ground walnuts, coconut or cocoa. Store in the refrigerator.
6. To flavor truffles with liqueurs omit vanilla, divide mixture into thirds, add 1 tablespoon of almond, coffee or orange liqueur to each 1/3 of mixture mix well. Hint I always place in small fluted paper candy cups.