Easy skillet cilantro lime chicken is creamy and full flavored and made in the comfort of you skillet making it the perfect 20-minute dinner. Dinner …
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped; more for garnish
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together very well.
- Season each thigh on both sides with the spice mix.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet and brown the chicken thighs nicely on both sides in the heated oil. Remove from the skillet and set aside briefly.
- Lower the heat and deglaze the skillet with the broth. Let cook reduce the broth a bit, and then add the lime juice and garlic to the broth.
- Now return the chicken to the skillet, and toss in the cilantro.
- Cover the skillet and transfer to the 375-degree f. heated oven for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with more cilantro, if you like and serve with cooked brown rice.