These moist pancakes are so good, you just might skip the syrup. They were created for Christmas morning but have since wowed folks at church breakfasts as well as family and friends. The cinnamon is a delightful touch. Kids will gobble them up!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients, then add remaining ingredients and beat together.
- Pour the batter onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
- Cook until pancakes have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges (2-3 minutes).
- Turn pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes (until golden brown).
Makes 12 pancakes
Nutritional information for one pancake: 93 calories, 0.2g fat, 0.7g fiber