- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl of a mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the butter and beat until smooth and the butter is fully incorporated. Beat in the buttermilk and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until all the flour is incorporated.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour in the batter. * Note that not all loaf pans are the same size.
- You may have extra batter, so just pour in enough so there is still about an inch or 2 of space before the top of the pan.
- Make the crumb topping by combining the powdered sugar, flour, cinnamon salt, and melted butter.
- Using your hands, crumble the mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350-degree oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.