It was made for Thanksgiving Dessert . . . it never made to the table!!! These coco puffs are just sooooo delectable! The Puff is so soft and moist, and the filling of chocolate pudding is just so yummy and velvety smooth and the chantilly frosting is so buttery and just melts in your mouth. Would you like to try one!
1 c water
1/2 c butter
1 c flour
4 large eggs
2 packets dream whip frosting
2 small box (3 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
2 3/4 c cold milk
1 can(s) evaporated milk
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter
4 large egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Boil water and butter together. Remove from heat and mix in the flour. Stir till dough forms into a ball and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.
2. Mix in eggs one at a time, beat for a minutes before adding the next egg.
3. Scoop onto foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then lower heat to 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Puffs should look dry. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. They should peel of the foil and tip over when gently nudged with a wooden spoon.
6. Combine all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and beat with a mixer for 6 to 7 minutes on high.
7. With the tip of a piping bag poke into the puffs and fill with the chocolate pudding.
9. Combine milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat for 12 minutes until mixture thickens.
10. Add vanilla, mix well. Chill for one hour.
11. Frost the puffs with the chantilly or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
12. Chill again, until ready to serve.