This coconut bread is delicious! It is soft, moist and has the perfect amount of coconut flavor. We love all the crunchy bits from the walnuts.This is one of my favorites. I make this and my banana bread for Christmas gifts. This can also be made in a 10″ bundt pan.Beat the eggs in large mixing bowl. Add sugar, oil and coconut flavoring and blend well. Sift together flour, soda, powder and salt. Add this to the egg mixture, …Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 6 eggs
- 3 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c oil
- 3 tsp coconut flavoring
- 4 1/2 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 c flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 c walnus, chopped
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp coconut flavoring
1. Beat in a large bowl. eggs, sugar, oil, and coconut extract.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture alternating with the buttermilk, coconut, and nuts.
4. Spoon into 3 large loaf pans or 1 10″ tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees. Bake loaf pans for 60 minutes checking after 50 minutes. Bake tube pan for 1 1/2 hours.
5. While bread is baking combine sugar, water and margarine in a small saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the coconut flavoring.
6. Remove warm breads from pan. Place back in pans and pour hot syrup over the top of the warm cake. Let stand for 4 hours. Remove from pans.
7. Note: I make these in small loaf pans at Christmas time and give as gifts. Bake small pans for 25-30 minutes.