- 1 (12 ounces) package vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar (OPTIONAL), or 1/8 cup fine diced coconut (OPTIONAL)
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa.
- Mix in rum and corn syrup. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in confectioners’ sugar or coconut.
- Rum balls can be stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days to develop flavor.
- Roll them again in confectioners’ sugar or coconut before serving.
- Makes 4 dozen Rum Balls