This is a tropical twist on a recipe I found in a magazine. I used one 11 oz can of mandarin oranges, but you can adjust how much you use to your own tastes…
- 2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 3 1/2 ounces jello fat-free coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min or until well blended.
- Spoon half of the pudding evenly into 4 dessert glasses, and drop a few mandarin orange slices into the pudding.
- Let pudding set for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with few mandarin slices, touching the edge of the glass.
- Top orange slices with a spoonful of shredded coconut, rest of pudding, then the rest of coconut.
- There is no set amount for each serving, just divide the layers evenly for four servings.
- You can also get creative with your ingredients — like substituting bananas for the oranges.
- I think two average-sized bananas would work.