This corn salad is not only very delicious but it is also very easy to make. This recipe is perfect to go with greasy meals like steak and fried chicken. The flavors in this bowl are so complex. It is overwhelming in a good way. Every bite is expected to be awesome! Try this today and taste perfection!
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Additional: 8 hrs | Total: 8 hrs 35 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 leaf (blank)s fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of olive oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, water, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Whisk until well blended and the texture of the dressing becomes creamy.
- Step 2: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place inside the fridge to chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Step 3: Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Step 4: Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to heat through.
- Step 5: Add in the corn and cook for 15 minutes or until the color turns golden brown.
- Step 6: In a medium mixing bowl, add in the red pepper and corn. Stir until well mixed.
- Step 7: Pour in the dressing on top of the mixture and toss until fully coated.
- Step 8: Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 9: Add in a pinch of cayenne pepper and basil. Stir until well mixed.
- Step 10: Toss the bowl until all the seasonings are distributed properly.
- Step 11: Serve and enjoy!
The amount of dressing will depend on the amount of the ingredients.
Per Serving: 314.1 calories; protein 3g 6% DV; carbohydrates 19.4g 6% DV; fat 26.6g 41% DV; cholesterol 7mg 2% DV; sodium 333.1mg 13% DV.