When it comes to comfort food bread pudding is high on my list! And to celebrate the holiday season I’ve made my classic into Cranberry Eggnog Bread Pudding with a Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting!
3 c 2% or whole milk
2 c eggnog
1/2-2/3 c sugar, keep in mind the eggnog is full of sugar
2-3 tsp cinnamon, keep in mind the eggnog is full of spice
1 dash(es) nutmeg, optional
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 c 1 lb. loaf of French bread
2/3 c dried cranberries
3 Tbsp butter
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 casserole/baking pan. Set aside.
2. Tear by hand or chop the French bread into 2 inch cubes. Evenly layer cubed bread on the bottom of the buttered pan.
3. In a saucepan, over medium heat, warm milk, eggnog and butter along with cranberries. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix sugar and cinnamon together. Add eggs, vanilla and stir.
5. Slowly, while stirring, add the lukewarm milk mixture to the egg mixture. Set aside.
6. Pour batter on top of bread. If using cranberries, you may spread them out at this time. Bake 45-50 min. The top should be golden. Enjoy!