Here at my house, it has been a bit of a chicken week, but that’s nothing new. Chicken breast is my go-to dinner option when I have nothing else in my sleeve, and one of my new favorites is this Cream Cheese, Garlic, and Chive Stuffed Chicken.
As a chicken lover, I cannot count how many recipes I’ve tried using cream cheese in some way. Chicken and cream cheese is a very common combination, but cream cheese is only there for creamy texture in most cases. Some other mix of herbs and spices always seems to manage the taste, totally overshadowing the cream cheese tart. But that’s not the case for this recipe. In this Cream Cheese, Garlic, and Chive Stuffed Chicken, the cream cheese flavor is front and center, with the bacon, chives, and butter just enhancing it. Try this recipe for Cream Cheese, Garlic, and Chive Stuffed Chicken, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30mins | Total: 45 mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- (1) clove garlic, minced
- (4) breast half, skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied
- (4) slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp of butter melted
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, add and mix cream cheese, chives, and garlic, then divide the mixture into (4) balls.
- Add and place (1) cream cheese ball in the center of each butterflied chicken breast half. Then fold the chicken over the cream cheese, wrap with a slice of turkey bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish. Pour the batter over the chicken.
- In the preheated oven, bake it until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear for 30 minutes.
You can use chicken thighs, as long as it’s skinless and boneless.
Experiment with the ingredients until it fits your preference, as this recipe is very versatile.
Per Serving: 401.3 calories; fat 30g 46% DV; cholesterol 152.4mg 51% DV; sodium 377.4mg 15% DV; protein 30.3g 61% DV; carbohydrates 2g 1% DV.