Caramel Apple Pound Cake from Delish.com is a treat for any season. … or whisk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Ts baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place oven rack in center of oven.
- Butter and flour (or spray with a non-stick spray that contains flour) a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (with the paddle attachment), or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour mixture, in three additions, and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 55 – 70 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 – 30 minutes so it has time to set.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick Butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Pinch Of Salt
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low to medium heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until thicker.
- Turn off heat. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
- If the sauce is thin, just continue cooking for a few more minutes