Whisk the milk, flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until smooth. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Gradually stir in the milk mixture until thick. Add the beef…
- 1 jar dried beef, sliced into thin ribbons
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add flour to the pan and whisk for several minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in milk and whisk continuously until thick sauce forms.
- Add pepper to taste and stir in the dried beef.
- Serve over generously buttered toast.