Crescent Roll Cheese danishes are a shortcut version of our favorite bakery danishes! Simple … So this one is for all you cheese danish lovers…
- 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 4 (or more) tbsp of your favorite fruit preserve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 c powdered sugar (depending on how runny you like your glaze)
- 2-3 tsp milk (I used about a tablespoon or 2 with about 1 c of powdered sugar)
- In a small bowl, blend Cream Cheese, sugar and lemon juice.
- Roll out crescent dough, one can at a time, and cut into 4 rectangles. If you have the “seamed” kind, roll it into a flat rectangle before you cut.
- Spread rectangles of dough with about 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture.
- Starting at long side, gently roll and twist at the same time until the roll is about 10 inches long.
- Coil loosely into spirals with seam inside. Seal ends
- There should be an indentation in the middle of the coil, but use your thumb to make it slightly larger and fill with half a tablespoon or so of preserves (we like lots of filling).
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes (until deep golden brown)