Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1/2C buttermilk
- 1C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare onion by slicing in half.
- Use a sharp knife or mandoline to slice the onion very thin.
- Soak sliced onion in milk for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Preheat vegetable to 350°F in a deep fryer or a large stockpot.
- Coat a handful of onion slices in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour. Fry for 2 minutes or until just golden.
- Drain on paper towels and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat with remaining onion slices.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container.