Crockpot ribs are guaranteed to be fall off the bone tender. Learn the secrets for making the best slow cooker ribs including instructions for prepping the meat, giving it a good dry rub, and finishing them off for restaurant quality perfection.
You want your ribs to be fall-off-the-bone tender. The is a great choice. BUT, how do you go from the ugly mess of the slow cooker to beautifully caramelized fall of the bone ribs?
If you just throw ribs and bbq sauce in a slow cooker
for 8 hours, you’ll get some fall-off-the-bone ribs, but they’ll be kind of funky and unappetizing. The bbq sauce won’t have caramelized at all, and the liquids in the meat will have produced a really runny bbq sauce liquid.
- 4 pounds ribs of your choice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bottle of sweet baby rays BBQ (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- In a bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, brown sugar and oregano together
- Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.