I’ve loved this hearty, fabulous tasting Meatball Minestrone Soup since the first day it touched my taste buds. A dear friend delivered a big steaming pot full to me shortly after I delivered my twin boys and I have loved it ever since. Why it has taken me so long to tell you about it…I do not know!
I can be kind of slow, you know. This beauty of a soup only takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
I have a hunch that you like that sort of thing. It has the wonderful flavor of a true Italian Minestrone Soup with the added bonus of hearty meatballs.
Pretty sure you are going to like that kind of thing. Every person living under this roof of mine has deemed it the best crock pot soup of the year. I KNOW I like that sort of thing.
3 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
4 C beef broth
1 1/2 C carrots, sliced
1/2 C onion, chopped
1 C green beans, fresh or frozen
1 t basil, dried
1 t oregano, dried
1 t thyme, dried
1 (15 ounce) can Kidney Beans
1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans
6 C (about 1 1/2 pounds) Italian Meatballs, fully cooked
1 (16 ounce) box Ditalini Pasta, or Elbow Macaroni
1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
1. Into a large crock pot, pour 3 cans Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes and 1 can tomato sauce.
2. Add 4 C beef broth. (I just dissolved 4 teaspoons beef soup base granules into 4 cups hot water.)
3. Slice 1 1/2 cup carrots, chop yourself 1/2 a cup of onions, and about 1 cup of green beans. Add them to the crock pot.
4. Next you will need 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon thyme and 1 teaspoon oregano. Once you have the seasonings measured out, crush them between your fingers as you add them to the pot. This really maximizes the flavor.
5. Drain and rinse 1 can kidney beans and 1 can garbanzo beans. Add them to the pot.
6. Now for the meatballs! These Italian Style Meatballs from Costco are absolutely fabulous.
Toss about 6 cups of these frozen treasures into your pot. Cover and let the old girl cook on low for 6-8 hours.
7. When your soup has simmered away all day and you are ready to eat, cook the pasta according to package directions. Don’t be tempted to add the uncooked pasta to the crock pot. The pasta will be kind of squishy and gross, and will also soak up a lot of the broth, leaving you with a thicker soup than you want. Just cook the pasta separately and all will be well. 🙂
8. Add 1 can of tomato soup into your crock pot. Give it a nice stir, cover the soup and let it heat through. Your soup should thicken just a bit with the addition of the tomato soup.
9. When you are ready to serve, dish a nice healthy portion of the pasta into each soup bowl then pour the Meatball Minestrone over the top. Garnish with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!