Let the stewing pot accomplish the work with this simple Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings formula! Slow cooker dinner plans are ideal for quite a long time when you need a tasty, filling supper however don’t have any desire to go through hours in the kitchen.
Let the stewing pot accomplish the work with this snappy and simple Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings formula! Utilizing the moderate cooker to consolidate chicken bosoms, canned soup, and frozen vegetables to make this delectable and straightforward supper. Include hand crafted dumplings and you have comfort food at its best!
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of bacon soup
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables peas, carrots, corns and beans
For the dumplings:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Place the chicken breasts in an even layer on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Combine the cream of chicken, cream of bacon and broth and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken using two forks.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables.
- Place the lid back on and start whipping up the dumplings.
- Stir the dry ingredients together, and cut in the butter until coarse and crumbly.
- Stir in the buttermilk until a wet dough forms and add the egg and milk or cream. Drop 2 Tablespoon-sized lumps into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for an additional hour.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 696cal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 1673mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4666IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 5mg
Get Your E-book Now