Dump it and forget about it crockpot creamy chicken taco chili with chicken, lots of beans and veggies, and plenty of good spice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces EACH) chili-ready diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced and fire-roasted green chili peppers
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- Optional add-ins: fresh lime, cheddar cheese, sour cream, guac/avocado, tortilla chips, salt, and pepper
How to make it:
- I use a 6-quart crockpot for this recipe. You’ll want a big one
- Trim any fat and then place the chicken breasts or thighs whole in the crockpot.
- Add in the tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, undrained chili beans, drained and rinsed kidney beans, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans, and chicken broth.
- Add in all the seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-5 hours or until chicken is completely cooked through and easily shreds.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot, shred it, and set aside.
- Soften and cube the cream cheese and add to the crockpot. Turn the crockpot on high for 30 minutes stirring every 10 or so minutes to help the cheese melt.
- Add the chicken back in and stir until the cream cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite “taco” add-ins. I love cheddar cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
- Also good is a chopped avocado or a bit of guac and tortilla chips.