Even better, when using a chuck roast for Crock Pot French dip sandwiches the … 4 pounds beef roast (rump roast for slicing or chuck roast for …
- 1 lean beef roast (3 to 4 lbs.), rump, lean chuck, etc.
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube or equivalent beef base
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper or pepper blend, or to taste
- 1 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- Remove and discard all visible fat from roast. Place in a slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, bouillon, and spices; pour over roast.
- Add water to almost cover roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with a fork.
- Serve on hard rolls or french bread slices with broth.