We enjoy this fast all-in-one meal often. I usually have chicken on hand, but it also makes a great after-Thanksgiving meal using leftover turkey…
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts; drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a skillet, saute celery in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 2-1/2-Qt. baking dish.
- Combine melted butter and cornflakes; sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.