Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner–everyone loves a good quiche! This crust-less quiche clocks in at only around 200 calories and is a great source of protein.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- dash paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about three minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook about five minutes or until just tender. Transfer vegetables to prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Romano cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Whisk in rice flour. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and bake until set, about 35 minutes.
- Cool quiche 10 minutes before serving.
200 calories (90 from fat)
10g total fat
3g saturated fat
2 g dietary fiber