Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- dry ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (buy two medium)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment, leaving the ends long so you can lift the cake out for slicing after it has baked.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. I like to sift the cocoa powder to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together until pale and smooth. Beat in the butter and vanilla, then fold in the zucchini.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet, in three stages, blending just until incorporated after each addition, and don’t over-beat!
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center doesn’t come out with wet batter clinging to it.
- Cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream to a simmer, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes, then stir until glossy and smooth.
- Refrigerate until cooled and spreadable, stirring every once in a while to keep it glossy.