These are easy to make and they have very good flavor-yummy. There is no rising. They are between a roll and a biscuit. Our family loves them-especially me
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast, dissolved in
- 1 cup of warm water
- 7 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk (dry may be used after you add the water)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- In the same bowl mix all the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the bowl of dough sit for about 1/2 hour, but you do not have to–you can bake them right away.
- Roll to 3/4″ thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Make as many as you want; the rest can be saved for another time.
- There is NO Rising!
- Place on ungreased sheet and bake in 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
LEFTOVER DOUGH–store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks in an airtight container making sure there is enough room in it as it grows.