We infused this almond flour cake with the sweetness of honey and a hint of lemon for a dense yet moist cake. It’s sweet … These no-frosting cakes are the easiest, most delicious desserts to make for get-togethers. More from …
- 1 1/4 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons honey around the bottom and sides of the pan, then sprinkle 1/3 cup sliced almonds into the pan and set aside.
- Place almonds, sugar, honey, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt in the bowl of the food processor, and pulse into the ground.
- One at a time, add eggs, then butter, and pulse until incorporated and smooth.
- While pulsing, gradually add in baking powder and flour and mix until combined.
- Pour batter out into prepped springform pan and lightly hit it against the counter a few times, to make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth over the top and place in oven.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then run a knife around the edge of cake to loosen it.
- Place a serving dish on top of the pan, then flip over and invert pan onto the plate.
- Release the sides of the pan and cake should come free with honey almonds on top.
- Optional: Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Note: toast whole almonds by preheating oven to 350º F and spreading nuts out on a baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until fragrant.
Note toast sliced almonds by heating them in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Stirring frequently, cook for 2-4 minutes, or until fragrant.