It is just me and my husband and I can’t cook a small casserole, especially when it calls for a 9 X 13 pan. So I made it and took aluminum foil and made in to fit the pan and made two half portions before I baked it. I pulled it up on the inside so it would not cook together.
Then all you have to do is pick up one side at a time. I carried half of it to my dear friend and her husband. They dearly loved it. It was good. So you can either share it or put it in the freezer for another time.
Cook time: 50 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 8
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
1 can(s) chopped green chili peppers; 7oz
1 c sour cream; 8oz
1/2 c milk
2 1/2 c boneless chicken
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
2 box chopped spinach, unthaw & squeeze out water
8 (6 or 7 in) corn tortillas, cut in bite size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped chilies, milk, green pepper, tomato, corn tortillas, salt, pepper, 1 cup of cheese, and chopped chicken. The chicken you buy already baked at the grocery store works well. Stir together.
3. Pour half in a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Then layer the spinach over the top of the mixture. Add remaining mixture on top of the spinach. I always add more cheese than the recipe calls for.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
6. Take out and top with remaining cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and the casserole is bubbly.
7. Makes approx. 8 servings.