A decadent brownie recipe with a twist on the bacon. For any event, this is a perfect dessert and will be a crowd-pleaser. Try this recipe for Dr. Pepper® Bacon Brownies, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 20min | Cook: 41mins | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 1hr 21 mins | Serving: 24 | Yield: 1 12×18-inch pan
- (1) serving cooking spray
- (1) (12 fl oz) can of caffeinate pepper-type soda (such as Dr. Pepper®)
- 1 cup butter
- (12) strips bacon, chopped
- (2) cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- (1) (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- (1) (16 oz) package confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12×18-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Add and combine a cup pepper-type soda and a cup butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, and then heat until butter melts for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add and place bacon and cook for 8 minutes until evenly browned in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, and then drain on paper towels.
- Add and mix flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add and whisk buttermilk, vanilla extract, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Add and pour flour mixture; mix until batter is blended.
- Add butter mixture, 1/3 of the bacon, and chocolate chips; mix thoroughly. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake it until the top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Add and combine 6 tbsp pepper-type soda, 1/2 cup butter, and 3 tbsp of cocoa powder in a saucepan, let it boil, and then take it away from the heat. Add 1/2 of remaining bacon and confectioners’ sugar, and then add and whisk until frosting is smooth.
- Add and spread frosting over brownies. Garnish with remaining bacon. Cool until frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Cut into squares.
Per Serving: 390.9 calories; 40.6 mg cholesterol; 370.1 mg sodium; 4.4 g protein; 54.6 g carbohydrates.