I tested this festive, super moist cake on some of my girlfriends. Several of us get together once a month to eat, drink and laugh until it hurts! When.
- 1 (16.5 oz) box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 2 ½ tablespoons flour
- ¾ of 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, I like Egg-Land’s Best
- 2 egg whites (¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ of an 8-ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray (with flour in it)
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, flour, pumpkin, pudding, water, and oil.
- Mix for a few seconds to combine. Add the eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended.
- Turn mixer on high and mix until very smooth. Stop the mixer and scrape down sides. Mix again for a few seconds.
- Pour cake batter into the coated Bundt pan. Spread the top evenly.
- Bake about 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully loosen all the sides with a flat knife or spoon and remove the cake onto a plate. Cool cake completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
- Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake.
- Store in the refrigerator. This cake freezes great too.
- Makes 16 servings (each serving, 1 slice 1/16 of cake)
- for 1 slice (1/16 of cake)
- 257 calories
- 7.6g fat
- 3g sat fat
- 3g protein
- 45g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 315mg sodium
- 31g sugar