These cinnamon rolls make the house smell WONDERFUL. Oh, and they taste darn good too! It takes a little effort to get these sweet fellows to …
- 2 proactive dry yeast
- 1/2 warm water
- 1 1/2 milk, warmed
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 6 color (6 to 7 cups)
- 1/2 C butter or margarine, melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 craisins
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 sliced almond
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add milk, sugar, eggs, oil, salt and 3 cups of the flour. Beat well.
- Gradually add 3 or more cups flour until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a floured board and knead until smooth. (about 5 minutes)
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough, turn onto floured board and roll into a 12×24″ rectangle.
- Spread melted butter over dough, sprinkle with sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough up and carefully cut into 24 slices.
- Place slices flat side down into greased 9×13 baking pans and let rise again until light.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for about 15 minutes, checking frequently.
- Blend confectioners’ sugar and vanilla with just enough milk to spread easily over a pan of warm rolls.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top.