I love the simplicity of the taste of this beef stew. It is just pure meaty plus the sweet flavor of the potatoes and carrots. This is the perfect example of comfort food! Imagine going home from a very stressful day at work, don’t you want to just remove your shoes and eat something delicious? Yeah, I know! So, if you have a husband or even a kid that you will come home from a tiring day, what better way to relieve their stress and tiredness than to prepare this amazing dish. Serve it over steamed or fried rice. Oh man, it is so perfect with rice! The sauce alone poured on top of the rice is perfect. Are you hungry yet? Well, I have listed all the ingredients and steps so I guess you just have to give it a try so you would know how delicious it truly is. By the way, you might want to prepare and cook this 6 or 8 hours before dinner because it takes time. Great things are worth the wait, always!
- 1 ½ pound beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 3 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1: In a slow cooker crock, arrange the beef, carrots, onion, and potatoes.
- Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, add in the tomato sauce, mushroom soup, parsley, onion soup mix, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Step 3: Transfer the mixture into the slow cooker with the beef mixture.
- Step 4: Turn the setting to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours or until the beef is soft.
- Step 5: Spoon the stew into a serving bowl.
- Step 6: Serve and enjoy!
Per Serving: 465.3 calories; protein 24.9g 50% DV; carbohydrates 50.4g 16% DV; fat 18.8g 29% DV; cholesterol 62.6mg 21% DV; sodium 1038.1mg 42% DV.