Here’s a delicious, super simple recipe for cornbread biscuits that go wonderfully with chili, ham, soup, salad, or black-eyed peas! The recipe only calls for 4 ingredients, and it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and bake the biscuits.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup cold, unsalted butter (cut into chunks)
- 1 and 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Line a large baking sheet with cooking parchment.
- In a big bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender until coarse, uniform crumbs form.
- Add 1 cup of the buttermilk. Stir until a soft dough forms. A
- dd the rest of the buttermilk, a Tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Drop biscuits onto prepared pan, 1 inch apart, using approximately 3 Tablespoons of batter per biscuit.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
PS… They’re also delicious as a breakfast treat. Split them while they’re hot and enjoy with butter and your favorite jam, marmalade, maple syrup, or honey.