Simple to make coconut macaroons, soft, chewy and full of coconut flavor. Plus lighter and healthier than most cookies! These are a great addition to your holiday cookie plates…
- 2 2/3 Cups flaked coconut
- 4 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut, flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla (NO NEED to fluff egg whites BEFORE adding into the mixture). Mix well.
- Using a teaspoon or cookie scoop, drop rounded batter onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
You could dip these in chocolate or add a bit of citrus zest to the batter, too.