In a special occasion, I prefer to make my cakes myself. This is an easy pineapple orange layer cake that can be served on birthdays or special occasion or just to indulge yourself! Check out the recipe…
You’ll Need (for the cake):
- 1 package of yellow cake mix.
- The ½ cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 can (11 oz) of undrained mandarin oranges.
- 3 eggs.
- The ½ cup of sour cream.
You’ll Need (for the frosting):
- 1 (8 oz) undrained can of crushed pineapple.
- 1 (3.5 oz) package of instant vanilla pudding.
- 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Mix together the cake mix ingredients with oil, oranges, eggs and sour cream in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour the batter in greased and floured 3 round cake pans evenly.
- In a preheated oven to 350° bake the cake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- While the cake is in the oven, mix together the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until you get a soft cream.
- Mix together the pineapple mixture with the whipped cream until well combined.
- Once the cakes are baked, frost between each layer and top and sides of the cake with pineapple whipped cream mixture.
- Refrigerate the cake until serving time and enjoy!
- Easy, peasy and creamy! The mandarin oranges and pineapple mixture gives a very special and delicious taste to this yellow cake. Give it a shot, I’m sure you will be proud.