This cold tortellini salad is the ultimate side dish for bbq and potlucks! With tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, olives, and parmesan tossed in Italian …This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a summer staple! Perfect for picnics, potlucks, reunions, or to make ahead for easy meals!
This is my fresh tasting, flavorful, tortellini salad that is always a big hit at family gatherings!
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 12
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1-8 oz pkg. spinach filled tortellini-dry type (ronzoni or barilla brand) not frozen
- 1-8 oz pkg. 3 cheese tortellini-dry type also
- 1-6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts-cut into small pieces
- 1 pt grape tomatoes-cut in half or 1 large beefsteak tomato seeded and diced
- 6 oz. can(s) black pitted olives-drained and sliced
- 1/2 red onion-sliced thin
- 1/4 c grated carrots
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley-chopped-as a garnish.
~~~~my salad dressing ~~~~
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 oz corn oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp salt
1. In a small bowl or jar, mix together the salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Cook both tortellini packages according to the package directions, al dente.
3. Drain and cool completely, and set aside.
4. In a large salad serving bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, red onion and carrots.
5. Then add in all the cooled tortellinis and toss well.
6. Shake or wisk to salad dressing very well and immediately pour the entire amount over the tortellini salad. Toss til evenly coated.
7. Refigerate a few hours or overnight. Toss again before serving. And add some chopped fresh parsley for even more color!