This is one of my new favorite sandwiches. My husband recently came up with the recipe, and we can’t get enough. It could also be served on top of lettuce or inside a hollowed out tomato instead of adding the diced tomato. The ingredients combine to the perfect mixture of salty, sweet, and savory. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 2 to 3 people
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 10 oz can(s) white meat chicken
- 12 pecans, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 green apple, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 6-12 dried cranberries or cherries, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1-2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
1. Put first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. After thoroughly mixed, gently stir in tomatoes.
4. Stuff salad into pitas and enjoy!