These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. … Remember, we’re going for soft, light, and fluffy biscuits here…
- 21/2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- 1 c buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 485 degrees F. Lightly butters a 9-inch iron skillet or round baking pan. Set aside. In the bowl of a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Pulse a couple times. To this add cubed butter and pulse 6 – 8 times or until resembles small peas. Pulse in the milk, the dough will be somewhat sticky.
2. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, sprinkling with enough flour that it won’t stick as you fold the dough over itself 2 or 3 times. Just fold and push with the heel of hands 3 times. With your hands, pat out dough to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut out dough using a 3-inch cutter. Don’t twist cutter!
3. Place in prepared pan, touching slightly. Brush tops with more buttermilk.
4. Bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden, turning pan halfway through baking time. Serve hot with butter, jam, gravy or honey!