Our Flush the Fat Away Vegetable Soup is an instant classic. Packed to the brim with antioxidants and flavor, you’ll have enough to eat clean all week and stay …
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of Kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed (optional, black beans)
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added), *this is an optional ingredient
- 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, optional, for serving (1/2 teaspoon per serving)
- Add all ingredients, except spinach and olive oil, to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! (1 Serving Per Night if doing the 3 Day Cleanse & Detox)
- Tip: If you prefer a thicker soup, after 5 hours of cooking, simply remove 1 cup of soup, along with ingredients, mash ingredients with a fork, return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1 to 3 hours. When serving, drizzle a little (optional) olive oil over each bowl of soup.
Note: Olive oil helps the body absorb nutrients more efficiently and supports a healthy digestive system.
Stovetop Method: Follow the same instructions above for prep, cover, and simmer until veggies are tender, approximately 2 hours. Stir every 15 minutes to prevent sticking. Add spinach at the end of cooking time, remove from heat, cover and allow spinach to wilt before serving.