Four Bean Baked Beans With Ground Beef by Rose Our folks call this cowboy beans and just a bit different as all is from scratch…
- 3 lb ground beef
- 1 bacon chopped
- 1large Vidalia onion chopped
- 1 dark brown sugar
- 1 cougar
- 1bottle ketchup (36 oz.)
- 1bottle of barbecue sauce (Jack Daniel’s smokehouse 12oz.size)
- 4 Tbsps yellow mustard
- 1 dark molasse
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1large can kidney beans (2lb.9oz)
- 1large can pork and beans (2lb.9oz)
- 1large can butter beans (2lb.9oz)
- 1large can great northern beans (2lb.9oz.)
- Cut up bacon and brown; save drippings. Add onion and brown. Add ground beef and brown.
- Mix all together and make sure the ground beef is separated and thoroughly through all the ingredients.
- Add all of the other ingredients (minus the beans) and mix.
- Open all beans, remove liquid from beans and mix the above ingredients gently through the beans thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 for 2 hours. Let settle at least 1 hour before serving so flavors meld together. This recipe freezes well in any amount.