Oddly enough, I discovered this decadent treat on the streets of Seoul! I’ve since copied the recipe and every time I make them, they’re met with smiles and watering mouths!
- 1 c yellow cornmeal, fine grind
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c whole milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp white pepper, ground
- peanut oil for frying
- 16 your favorite hotdog
- 16 skewers or separated chopsticks
- 1 pkg crinkle cut french fries, thawed & cut into 1″+ pieces
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, milk, eggs, sugar, baking powder and pepper to create batter.
- Preheat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan to 350 degrees.
- Skewer hotdogs and roll in cornstarch; shaking off excess. Place thawed french fry pieces in casserole dish.
- Dip hotdogs in batter and coat completely; then roll and “coat” with the potatoes.
- Carefully place dogs in hot oil, working in batches of three to four. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry for 5 to 7 minutes, until deep, golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain off excess oil and salt lightly with kosher salt.
- Repeat process until complete.