A stupidly easy Italian pasta salad with rotini, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onion, salami, olives, herbs, and a drench of quick homemade Italian dressing. If you want to know what I’ve eaten for 4 of my last 5 meals, it’s THIS SUMMER ESSENTIAL. We are kind of having a moment here.Good, spicy salami. Yummy cheeses. Tomatoes or some other friendly non-threatening vegetable. Greens of some sort – even if it’s just fresh parsley. Olives and red onions and pepperoncini.
Also, we need pasta with good solid texture and shape to absorb all the sauce. I like rotini. (Also, DeLallo! It’s our favorite. The semi-rough texture is unrivaled for sauce-soakage. I get mine at Target or Cub Foods.)
* 1 pound Mueller’s Cut Macaroni
* 1 large cucumber peeled and cutsmall chunks
* 2 cups diced fresh tomato
* 5-6 stalks green onion scallions chopped
* 8 pieces bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
* 1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
* 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
* 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander and cold water.
2. Place drained pasta in large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and dry ranch mix and gently stir into pasta coating well. Add cucumber, tomatoes and scallions and gently blend. Add bacon and cheese and blend all well.
3. Refrigerate until chilled.
Get Your E-book Now